Assistant Professor in General Internal Medicine

University of Washington Division of General Internal Medicine

Assistant Professor, General Internal Medicine

Position Overview

Organization: Medicine, General Internal Medicine

Title: Assistant Professor, General Internal Medicine

Position Details

Position Description

The University of Washington (UW) Department of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine (GIM) is seeking applicants for a full-time faculty position based out of the General Internal Medicine Center (GIMC) at the University of Washington Medical Center (UWMC)-Roosevelt. This position will be at the Assistant Professor level on the physician-scientist pathway (without tenure due to funding). This position would have an annual service period of 12 months [July1-June30]. University of Washington faculty engage in teaching, research and service. The anticipated start date would be July 1, 2021.

The faculty member in the position would provide clinical care and teach at GIMC-Roosevelt, and be expected to devote at least 75% of their time to Health Services research with the remaining 25% being focused on clinical work and teaching. The applicant would have funding from a career-development award to support their research time.


Requirements include an M.D. or D.O. degree (or foreign equivalent) and Internal Medicine board eligibility/certification (or foreign equivalent). In order to be eligible for University sponsorship for an H-1B visa, graduates of foreign (non-U.S.) medical schools must show successful completion of all three steps of the U.S. Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE) or equivalent as determined by the Secretary of Health and Human Services. Eligible candidates must have a demonstrated record of at least two years as a superior teacher in a university setting with both medical students and residents. Applicants must show evidence of significant scholarly productivity and publications.


This position will remain open until filled. For consideration, please submit an application including CV, cover letter, and three (3) references.

Please address your cover letter to the chair of the search committee, Thomas Gallagher, MD.

If you have any questions, please send an email to Rebekah Zaharia, GIM Administrative Specialist at

Equal Employment Opportunity Statement

University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information,
gender identity or expression, age, disability, or protected veteran status.

Apply now

The University of Washington is using Interfolio's Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.

For help signing up, accessing your account, or submitting your application, please check out Interfolio's help and support section or get in touch via email at or phone at (877)997-8807.